Saturday, February 25, 2012

RDA Pull from Windows Server 2003 gives Native Error 28035

I currently have a Vs.Net 2003 Pocket PC application that uses sql server ce 2.0 to push and pull data from Sql Server 2000 to the Pocket PC. The sscesa20.dll isapi agent is installed on a Windows 2000 server and points to another server that hosts the SQL database. In this configuration everything works like a charm. I am in the process of upgrading my application server to Windows 2003 Server but the RDA PULL process does not work, giving an Native Error of 28035 EVERY time. I use the exact same code in the app but when I point to the isapi agent on the 2003 box it does not work. When I connect to the the sscesa20.dll via the Pocket IE it returns the "Sql Server CE Server Agent" message. When I do an RDA.Submit it works and the SQL table is updated as expected.


I have configured IIS 6 with the proper web extensions
I have turned off the firewall and antivirus on the server.
I have reinstalled the server agent several times.
I set up the sscesa20.dll manually.
I removed all file level security.
I opened up the virtual directory.
I verified the ddl versions match.

I'm dead in the water right now. I'm not sure what else to try.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error 28035 indicated that the header information that the server tools are using to broker the RDA is missing or corrupted. The typical cause of this is that you have a security product somewhere in the path from your mobile device to the publisher (SQL Server) that is stripping off the content lengths on the replication HTTP dialogue. You need to completely disable any internet security products like Symantec or McAffee on both your IIS and your SQL Servers.

Darren

|||

Darren,

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it's not the SQL Server because I don't get any errors when I RDA pull using the Windows 2000 Server implimentation of the ISAPI agent. I've turned off all the firewalls but my provider is a little hesitant to turn off the anti-virus products. I'm perplexed because everything works fine with my Windows 2000 Server. Everything points to this being a Windows Server 2003 specific problem. I'm going to work with the ASP to get the anti virus out of the equation too.

|||

Hi Tstay,

Did you resolve the problem?

What is the behavior when you turned of Anti virus?

This error also occurs in case of SQL Mobile 3.0 Client Agent is trying to contact SQL CE 2.0 Server Agent (OR) SQL CE 2.0 Client Agent is trying to contact SQL Mobile 3.0 Server Agent. Make sure that you are using same version of SQL Mobile/CE both on device and as well as on IIS.

Thanks,

Laxmi Narsimha Rao ORUGANTI, MSFT, SQL Everywhere, Microsoft Corporation

|||

We turned off the anti-virus and the firewall and I'm still getting the error. The Sql CE version on the device and the server match. We have come to the conclusion that it's a 2003 or IIS 6 issue, so we have no choice to roll back the OS to 2000 until we have more to go on with 2003. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment