Saturday, February 25, 2012

RDA problem with SQL Server 2005

My company just converted to SQL Server 2005. I have a pocket PC application, developed with Visual Studio 2003, that is now giving me an RDA problem.

Two tables push fine but the third gives me the error:

"ERR: Push for Table Events: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeError: The OLE DB data type information in the SQL Server CE columns does not match the information in the SQL Server columns for the RDA table. [Client type, Server type,,Table name,,]"

This is despite dropping all the tables and doing an RDA pull from the database. I don't see anything different on this third table than the other two.

Any suggestions would be appreicaed.

Correct error handling should tell you which data type are in conflict from the error parameters collection, see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174079.aspx|||

My error parameters are as follows:

Error Paramaters

(0)=""

(1)=""

(2)=""

NumericError Parameters

(0) = 0

(1) = 0

(2) = 0

Can anyone help me understand if this is of help!

|||This is obviously not very helpful at all! Could you try to make a "Create table" script of the problematic table, so we can see how it is defined.|||

I'm not sure what you mean by this script, but here is my table definition out of Sql Server 2005:

Event Number(PK, varchar(13), not null)

TransfectionNumber (FK, varchar(13), not null)

type (nvarchar(1), not null)

HHDeleteDate(smalldatetime, null)

Note(nvarchar(255), null)

Keys

PK_Events

FK_Events_Transfections

I pull this table, and all the others, using RDA so the definition should be coming over fine.

I use similar column definitions on other tables without problems

Thanks,

Ron

|||

With some further testing, it's possible my problem is occuring because of the name "type" in the table. Is there a way to change the name in the SQL CE database easily. Otherwise, I'll need to reenter data captured over the last week.

Ron

|||

That sounds like it, Ron. '

SQL CE's SQL syntax does not allow you to rename a column.
You must save the column data, drop the column, add the new column, and restore the old data in the new column.

Some of the tools from www.primeworks-mobile.com will also be able to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment