Saturday, February 25, 2012

RDA pull error on SSL VPN Client connection

I have a VB 2005 synchronization application that successfully pulls (through RDA) data to a SQL 2005 Mobile DB at my place of business, but when I try it at home on my SSL VPN Client connection, I get Hresult -2147012889 ("A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed."). Typically, a -2147012889 error is a connection issue that relates to resolving the server name.

Here's a snippet:

Dim RemoteConn As String = "Provider=sqloledb; Data Source={company server};" _

& "Initial Catalog={companyDB}; User ID={username}; password={pass}"

'& "Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=False"

Dim SourceURL As String = "http://{Company server name}/MobileConnection/sqlcesa30.dll"

Dim SqlRA As New System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeRemoteDataAccess

SqlRA.LocalConnectionString = strConn

SqlRA.InternetUrl = SourceURL

SqlRA.InternetLogin = ""

SqlRA.InternetPassword = ""

SqlRA.CompressionLevel = 3

Try

(Perform Pulls...etc..)

When I pull the sourceURL string and plug it into IE, it works fine. I get the "SQL Server Mobile Server Agent 3.0" message indicating that I have a solid connection over to IIS. That works fine.

But I can't figure out anything in the program. I've rotated the IP address with the name resolution and neither works for me in the program. The difference though when I use the IP address for the server is that I get a slightly different Hresult of -2147012867 (which means you can't connect to the server).

Also, I have IIS configured for anonymous access, the SQL DB I'm trying to pull from isn't restricting access, and my company doesn't have a proxy I need to go through.

Does anyone have any ideas for this issue?

Hi,

Did you find the answer? I have situation almost same as you and I am getting an error too. Do you know any tutorial for RDA using SSL?

Thanks in advance.

Dharam

No comments:

Post a Comment