Saturday, February 25, 2012

RDA problem

Im having problems with my Pocket PC application deployed in Pocket Pc 2003 se Emulator... Im using the Pull method of RDA. I get the error "A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed.". I have setup my desktop IIS and I can access the dll agent through Internet explorer. But when I try to access it on the Internet Explorer of the Emulator using the ip of my desktop instead of localhost, I get the error "Unable to connect: You have no modem entries created, and no network card present".
I check the Emulator Connection Settings, and it is set to "My Work Network". I tried using ActiveSync 4.2 then using Device Emulator Manager to put the emulator in Cradle. But still I cant access the remote Internet URL (http://ipaddress/vdirectory/sqlcesa30.dll) on the emulator ...

I guess its the reason I cant use the Pull method... Can anyone help me with this? Its almost 2 days and yet I can't solve this.. Im just starting with C# and pocket PC.. Thanks..

Have you tried to "cradle" your emulator ? (from the Device Emulator Manager, right click and select Cradle). That will enable a network connection to your desktop PC.

|||Yes, I have done that. Fixed this one already, I just configured Activesync to accept DMA... Before it was not enabled so whenever I cradle the emulator, nothing happens, ActiveSync wont detect it...

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment