Monday, February 20, 2012

Raw File reader utility?

Does anyone happen to know if there is a raw file reader utility available? One of my processes drops a couple of interim raw files and I'd like to be able to look at the data in them in a columnar format without having to run a downstream data flow with a reader inserted.If you need to do this, then temporarily redirect to a flat file, look at your data, and then put back the raw file destination. Or, temporarily throw a multicast in right before the raw file destination and add a flat file destination. That'd be your best option.|||

It's about time someone created a utility (Microsoft ?).

Not having one does provide a challenge for support, especially if you are heavily using raw files for staging data.

|||

Have a look at this one I've just finished.

http://sqlblogcasts.com/files/folders/ssis_tools/entry1528.aspx

Feedback please as this is hot off the presses

|||Simon,
The features look very good and pretty comprehensive.
I am going to try this this week.

Keep up the good work.|||

Simon,

Whats the best place to provide feedback?

|||

You should be able to add comments to the download page. You may have to register.

or you can contact me through my blog, see below

|||Just awesome, man. I don't have a lot of cash, but I'm kicking a few quid your way. Enjoy a pint on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment