Monday, February 20, 2012

Raw files - create once

Hi,

I try to add multiple files to a raw files. I use a loop for it and set the write option to "create once", so that the file should be created when the package is started and files are appended as they flow to the destination... However I always get an error when I try to add the second file that the raw file already exists... Well, I expect that it exists but I don't expect this error because that's not the intended behaviour!

Is there anything I also have to do to use the raw file as it's described in BOL?

Thanks,

All answered here Thomas: http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson/archive/2005/12/01/2443.aspx

-Jamie

|||

Jamie,

Google is always as good as the questions you ask it... ;-)

Meanwhile I came around with another solution... I just created a "template" file which I copy over the existing file before the data flow is started. Not perfect, but it works... So I always work with "append" to get around this problem...

Thanks... (BTW: Do you come to PASS Europe next week?)

|||

Hi Thomas,

Yeah, I didn't like that approach because it meant you had to deploy a raw file.

In the end we had to do it anyway though cos we have a datareader destination in the same data flow and there is a bug that means the datareader destination will not work if the data flow had DelayValidation=TRUE.

Unfortunately I can't make it to PASS. I am working on the same project as Darren at the moment and its required that there's always one of us around. So he is going to PASS and I'm not :-(

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment