Monday, February 20, 2012

Rates of Change...

Hi,

Is there an easy way to determine the rate of change for table? I realize
that I could do periodic select count(*) from XXX, but that would only
determine the size of the table. It would ignore updates.

What I'd really like to do would be able to determine the number of non-read
operations over a table so that I can determine the rate of change for that
table.

Thanks for any help..You could also create INSERT and UPDATE triggers on the table in question
that would INSERT a record into a separate table. Everytime a record is
inserted and updated a new record would be inserted into a history table.
This may create performance issues which Erland's solutions do not.

CJ
"Madison Pruet" <mpruet@.attbi.com> wrote in message
news:wZkLa.42831$R73.7095@.sccrnsc04...
> Hi,
> Is there an easy way to determine the rate of change for table? I realize
> that I could do periodic select count(*) from XXX, but that would only
> determine the size of the table. It would ignore updates.
> What I'd really like to do would be able to determine the number of
non-read
> operations over a table so that I can determine the rate of change for
that
> table.
> Thanks for any help..

No comments:

Post a Comment