Friday, March 30, 2012

Reading a field from Cursor

Hi,
I have a cursor that reads a table. During the reading of the table I want
to read e "field" directly (Not usign FETCH NEXT FROM authors_cursors INTO
@.col1, @.col2).
Thanks!claude81 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a cursor that reads a table. During the reading of the table I
> want to read e "field" directly (Not usign FETCH NEXT FROM
> authors_cursors INTO @.col1, @.col2).
>
You have to FETCH NEXT INTO. There is no other way.
Cursors should be a last resort.
Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.|||Thaks!!
"Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:

> claude81 wrote:
> You have to FETCH NEXT INTO. There is no other way.
> Cursors should be a last resort.
> Bob Barrows
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
> Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
> header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
> quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment