Friday, March 30, 2012

re-adding a removed extended stored procedure

Hi everyone,
I have recently remove few extended stored procedure on a sql server 2000
sp4 as part of our sql lockdown, including 'xp_getnetname'. When I try to
schedule a DTS job, it get the following error msg:
"Cannot find the function xp_getnetname in the library 'xplog70.dll'. Reason
127"...
I have added xp_getnetname (successfully!) using:
EXEC sp_addextendedproc 'xp_getnetname' ,'xplog70.dll'
BUT i still get the same error message. I am ABLE to use "sp_helptext
xp_getnetname" which gives me "xplog70.dll" as the output but I don't know
why I cannot execute it.
Thanks
"I saw it work in a cartoon once so I am pretty sure I can do it."Found the problem, the SP is in the xpstar.dll
--
Senior DBA
MSc in CS, MCSE4, IBM Certified MQ 5.3 Administrator
"I saw it work in a cartoon once so I am pretty sure I can do it."
"Sas" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I have recently remove few extended stored procedure on a sql server 2000
> sp4 as part of our sql lockdown, including 'xp_getnetname'. When I try to
> schedule a DTS job, it get the following error msg:
> "Cannot find the function xp_getnetname in the library 'xplog70.dll'. Reas
on
> 127"...
> I have added xp_getnetname (successfully!) using:
> EXEC sp_addextendedproc 'xp_getnetname' ,'xplog70.dll'
> BUT i still get the same error message. I am ABLE to use "sp_helptext
> xp_getnetname" which gives me "xplog70.dll" as the output but I don't know
> why I cannot execute it.
> Thanks
> --
> "I saw it work in a cartoon once so I am pretty sure I can do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment